My Favorite Quote

A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind. Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, April 11, 2008

A few of my friends have separate blogs that focus on 100 things traits that make them unique. I think it's a neat idea and decided to give it a try. And, being who I am, I HAD to sort it into categorized lists. Well, here goes nothing....

Past

1. I had 2 dates to prom.

2. I was proposed to twice before Jason.

3. I said 'yes' to one of the proposals.

4. Jason changed everything.

5. I was a state-level debater my Junior and Senior years in high school.

6. I went to college on a full debate scholarship.

7. I dated a lot.

8. I was a soloist in choir.

9. I loved performing in musical theater.

10. Between the ages of 4 and 14, I had 10 surgeries.

11. I placed 3rd in district and 8th in state in persuasive public speaking my senior year.

12. I was good at chemistry.

13. I hated chemistry.

14. I made great friends in high school and college that I'm still close to.

15. I took my first college course my sophomore year of high school.

16. I went to a magnet school.

17. I'm not good at math.

18. My debate partner was my maid of honor.

19. I once cut off a cast with a hacksaw so I could go to a church dance (it didn't work)

20. I had so much fun in college.


Present


1. Having kids is the best thing I've ever done.

2. Having kids is the hardest thing I've ever done.

3. I still adore Jason.

4. I've changed so much in the past 2 1/2 years.

5. Being told I couldn't have another baby changed me forever.

6. I've accepted the fact that I can't have another baby.

7. I'm close to my sister.

8. I wish I were closer to my brother.

9. I have the most amazing friends.

10. I'm afraid of alligators.

11. I want to swim with sharks.

12. I have a fear of heights but I've always wanted to para sail.

13. I would do anything for my friends.

14. Nap time is my favorite time of day.

15. When I'm nervous I talk A LOT.

16. I don't like gardening.

17. When I start a new book, I read it in a day or two.

18. I wish I lived closer to my parents.

19. I get dressed every day, even if I'm not going anywhere.

20. I rarely brush my hair.


Random Things

1. I would love to be a surgeon.

2. I watch medical shows.

3. I've kept a journal since I was 9.

4. I have mad tetris skills.

5. I'm excited to go back to school.

6. I love reading.

7. I like the color of my eyes.

8. My kids are so much fun.

9. I'm not a morning person.

10. I drink more caffeine than I'll ever admit.

11. I love playing games with the boys.

12. We do family crafts together at least once a week.

13. Jason & I read all the Harry Potter books out loud to each other.

14. I miss working.

15. I wouldn't trade being home with my boys for anything.

16. I like meeting new people.

17. Green is my favorite color.

18. I want to get my pilot's license.

19. After our kids are grown, Jason & I want to travel.

20. I have certifications for cake decorating.


Talents/Traits

1. I can sing.

2. I'm uber crafty.

3. I dream in designs and colors.

4. I'm stubborn.

5. I have nervous energy-I always have to be doing something.

6. I can sew.

7. I'm not a very good cook.

8. I love to laugh.

9. I see humor in most situations.

10. I like the way I look.

11. I don't care what people think of me.

12. I'm very organized (my husband is not)

13. I enjoy working out.

14. I also enjoy ice cream.

15. I love the water.

16. I'm a strong swimmer.

17. I try to always arrive early.

18. I work well under pressure.

19. I like moving.

20. I'm working on my testimony one day at a time.


Things that have Blessed my Life

1. My family.

2. I love my house.

3. My ward is amazing.

4. I couldn't ask for a better husband.

5. My friends are always there for me.

6. My mom's group.

7. My mom's group friends.

8. Ryan's sense of humor.

9. Noah's hugs and kisses.

10. Prayer

11. Great neighbors (Janie, this means you...)

12. Jason's family

13. My friendship with Jason

14. Jason's the first person I ever want to tell anything.

15. Having the priesthood in our home.

16. Learning how to ask for help.

17. Witnessing awesome* acts of kindness from strangers.

18. Thinking about others.

19. Music.

20. My closeness to my mom.


*meaning awe inspiring here, not groovy. although charity is groovy too.

1 comment:

Janie said...

Awesome list!!! Great to get to know you, some things surprised me!